Slippery customer, my man!
But the answers that I come up with every time are
* At the start he wanted to hook me and thought great sex would do it (it did! This makes me very angry – pretty sure he already had some pills from somewhere right from the start as he could only last at the weekends, never in the week. When I asked him if he was taking them at the very beginning he said no, it was just the excitement of a new partner – but how come I was only exciting at the weekends and not in the week? He said I was forgetting he’s getting old-huh?)
Also his Dr prescribed 8 pills, which my own doctor said doesn’t happen, said they prescribe 4 pills the first time then do checkup and only when Dr is happy will they prescribe 8 or 12. (This in in UK) He told me he’d got some before from a friend years before but not from a doctor
Therapist said “don’t think of it as being tricked, think of it that he was under pressure and didn’t know what else to do”. So it’s ok to mislead your new girlfriend then, cos he was “under pressure” poor man!
* At the start his desire for intercourse was strong enough to overcome his embarrassment, he didn’t find out the cost until we got to the pharmacy to get the pills. He’d been to the Dr and told me he got me a present. He showed me the prescription and we’d skipped off to get them like two kids! Then reality dawned at what he’d spent and so he rationed them out to make them last. He has SERIOUS issues with money
* He didn’t think we’d stay together as long as we have. He often used to say I needed a younger man and said how amazed he was that I was actually there with him, so I don’t think he imagined he would have to get more
* He thought I would go off sex before the pills ran out. Apparently that’s what happened with other girlfriends, but that was before the ED when he had delayed ejaculation and used to go on for hours and he wouldn’t leave them alone
* He’s now happy and comfortable in the relationship and thinks as long as we’re both getting satisfaction from what we can do, why should we pay just to make intercourse last a bit longer. He has a very busy life and says he gets tired so likes to pace himself, and I was aware that he found sex very tiring when he took the viagra. Also aware that he got some side effects from it such as headaches and problems with vision (but could have asked for a different pill?)
* So now he’d really rather not get more pills due to the cost, the side effects and that he doesn’t have the energy for longer lasting sex. I suspect he doesn’t feel as fit as he pretends he is and does struggle with various aches and pains.
* He’s scared to tell me once and for all he won’t get them in case I finish with him
And while he’s basically an honest, plain speaking guy, when it comes to this issue the truth seems to get get a little – er – bent, shall we say? Ironically if he were to say he doesn’t want them for any of the more ‘human’ reasons such as tiredness, side effects etc I’d be more understanding. It’s the idea that money is more important than my happiness that makes this difficult to take, but maybe his pride won’t let him use what he sees as a weakness in him as a reason
ARGH – long post – sorry